I can't import Google contacts into Outlook Classic

Anonymous
2025-07-02T09:36:45+00:00

Dear Community friends, my problem, which seems very simple to me, has not received any effective answers for over three weeks, neither from Microsoft support services nor, unfortunately, from users of various forums.

The issue is as follows: I have a 365 family contract and use the Classic version of Outlook.

I had to delete all my contacts from Outlook, thinking that I could reimport them from Google Contacts, where I have over 1,500 well-maintained contacts.

Unfortunately, every attempt to generate a .csv file for Outlook has proved futile, as the structure of the file exported from Google, as specifically indicated for Outlook, does not match the actual file, as the individual fields are not laid out as Outlook would like.

The suggestions I received from the forums were unable to resolve this simple issue, and Microsoft replied that importing Google contacts into Outlook Classic is now only possible for Microsoft 365 Business users (!!!????!!!).

Is there anyone who can help me, or will I have to abandon Outlook and move all my email to Gmail?

Thank you

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

6 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T22:29:55+00:00

    I have 1,700 contacts, and Outlook reports an error for almost all of them. According to Microsoft, how many hours would I need to spend manually correcting the .csv file?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T11:23:26+00:00

    Thank you, but I don't seem to have understood the problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T10:54:33+00:00

    One way to know how the CSV should look.

    Create an Outlook Contact with clearly indicated values. e.g.

    First Name: FIRST_NAME

    Last Name: LAST_NAME

    Company: COMPANY_NAME

    E-mail 1: EMAIL_01

    e-mail 2: EMAIL_02

    ...

    Export your contacts to a CSV.

    Pick out this one row.

    This gives you a map of columns in the CSV to Outlook fields. Hack the Google CSV until it matches this map.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T07:56:05+00:00

    Read the comments as well as the Answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T07:47:57+00:00

    If you have not already seen it - This thread suggest manually editing the CSV to clean up some fields that Google adds but Outlook doesn't want. Good luck.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/gmail-contacts-wont-import-into-outlook-2021/6d587baa-3ef2-4f92-905b-9ae26ad2811d

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments