How do I verify my account?

Anonymous
2023-12-14T12:50:35+00:00

How do I verify my account? I am trying to have a conversation with a lady who runs a hostel in the States and I can't finish the conversation. Not sure about the version of windows. I think it is windows 10 which gets updated frequently.

* Changed to a question

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-15T16:07:48+00:00

Hello Julie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I understand you need help in verifying your account. Just to set your expectations, we have limited tools to verify your account, subscription, and service details on Community.

Let me ask:

  • I would like to know what @domain and who hosts your email account. Example for @domains: Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, Outlook.com/Hotmail.com
    • Can I tell if the account is for work/school use or personal use (Hotmail/Outlook.com)?
  • May I know more about your issue? Are you trying to recover your account?
  • Do you get any error message?
  • Please send us a screenshot.

The steps to verify your account may vary depending on the type of account you have and the device you’re using. Here are some general steps that you can try:

Note: This is applicable if you are one windows settings.

  1. Open the Settings app on your device.
  2. Click on Accounts.
  3. Click on Your info.
  4. Under You need to verify your identity on this PC, click on Verify.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the verification process.

Let me know if you have further concerns.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Prince R

Microsoft Moderator

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T22:33:41+00:00

    Yes, thank you. I followed your instructions and it worked. I appreciate your help!

    Julie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments