Outlook/365 Contacts not syncing

Anonymous
2018-06-11T17:50:29+00:00

Hi All,

When entering a new contact on my PC in Outlook, I can't see the contact on my iphone. I removed the mail account on my iphone and re-installed it and I still can't see the contact I just entered on my PC. 

Help?

Thank you in advance! Christine

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-12T05:40:58+00:00

Hi CCFiregirl,

Thank you for the post. For the better suggestions, I’d like to confirm some information regarding your situation.

  1. May I know what’s your Office 365 subscription plan?
  2. If you don’t use an Office 365 for business account, what’s your account type when you configured in Outlook, Exchange (Outlook account), IMAP, POP or others (e.g. Gmail account)?
  3. How did you enter a new contact in Outlook?
  4. Did you download the native Outlook for iOS app?

On a related point, it’s not feasible for IMAP or POP account to sync contacts, while they could only sync emails. Besides, the feature of syncing calendar and contacts is supported only in the accounts which use Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync protocol, including Exchange account, Office 365 for business account and most common email providers like Gmail account. However, if you use the Office 365 for business account, I suggest you follow the steps below.

  1. If you didn’t use the native Outlook for iOS app, please download it from the iTunes or App store.
  2. Check if the calendar is enabled in your Outlook app. Please go to the Calendar and tap the three lines icon in the upper left-hand corner, if your account is not listed in the panel, it’s not set up using Exchange ActiveSync.
  3. Check if Outlook app is available to access contacts. Please open Settingapp, scroll down and select Outlook > Contact and Background App Refresh should be on.

Also, this is the official article you can refer to. And if it doesn’t work, it might be a good idea to let me know the configuration of your account in detail.

Regards,

Marvin

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T14:53:34+00:00

    Hi CCFiregirl,

    I'm wondering how is it going? If you have any result, please share with us at your earliest convenience.

    Regards,

    Marvin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more