[Fix found!] Bluetooth headphones not working in MS Teams after Windows 11 upgrade

Anonymous
2023-10-04T22:17:45+00:00

Other ideas online failed, but this works! I was having the hardest time trying to get my Bluetooth headphones (bose 700) to work after my company updated me to Windows 11 on my Dell 5550 laptop. I manually tried updating the Intel Bluetooth and WiFi Drivers from Intel's website. that didn't help. I knew a few others seeing this problem on their own PCs as well. Our headphones would work in browsers, apps in windows 11, but not in MS Teams. We tried many other options until one fixed it... So here it is. Does this work for others as well?

I first go into Bluetooth and Devices. 

Then click on View more devices. 

Then scroll down and click on More Devices and Printer Settings.

Then I right click on my headphones icon and go to Properties. 

Then go to the Services tab and Uncheck the Handsfree Telephony option. 

After unchecking this, my headphones work in MS Teams!!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

64 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T00:39:46+00:00

    The same steps here fixed my issue on Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-10T15:18:45+00:00

    I have been fighting with bluetooth headset for a month... your comment worked great! Thank you very much for taking the time to share!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T19:06:19+00:00

    I cannot thank you enough..........months of aggravation solved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T16:02:12+00:00

    This works for me except that "Handsfree Telephony" gets enabled again every time my AirPods reconnect. Any advice?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T07:57:15+00:00

    I am using wireless buds with headset functionality (EarFun Air Pro 3), and to keep headphone functionality for music playback, I had to leave "Audio Sink" option enabled, only uncheck all of unknown services. Drawback of leaving audio sink enabled is that it's necessary to go into Device settings in Teams and select buds Headset option under speaker settings (which is seen as non-standard setup by Teams), and it needs to be re-done every time after using another "standard" setup with Teams

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments