Issues Viewing Shared PowerPoint Presentations on Mobile App Teams

Anonymous
2020-04-17T20:20:46+00:00

I have been exploring Teams for work and have run into an issue with viewing shared PPTs on mobile devices using the Teams app.  The device, a laptop, is sharing the PPT, but mobile devices that I have tested, including an Android tablet, Android phone, and iPhone are unable to view the PPT when connected to the meeting via the Teams app.  The android devices do not have this issue if they connect through the chrome web browser, it seems to be an issue with the Teams app specifically.

Are there any solutions to this issue?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

21 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-12T14:55:34+00:00

    I am having the same issue as Rebecca. PowerPoint upload has just stopped working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-19T12:12:38+00:00

    Seeing this issue as well on Android and iOS, across different license types. This is the only thread I have been able to find on this issue though, so maybe it's not that common? I have opened a support request with Microsoft...we'll see where that goes.

    Hi did you het any updtaes?

    According to support team I worked with, a fix was rolled out to the Teams mobile apps August 12th. I'm not sure if the issue was GCC-specific, but the fix they referenced was for GCC only. We are now able to view shared PowerPoint files when joined on a mobile device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-19T08:05:46+00:00

    Seeing this issue as well on Android and iOS, across different license types. This is the only thread I have been able to find on this issue though, so maybe it's not that common? I have opened a support request with Microsoft...we'll see where that goes.

    Hi did you het any updtaes?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-10T08:59:47+00:00

    Hello Sir,

    I could see issue on android tablet. The android version is 9.0 and Microsoft Team version:1416/1.0.0.2020050805.

    When my teacher shares slides nothing is seen on the screen.

    I could not see this issue on other mobile where android version 8.0 is installed and the same Microsoft Team version is installed.

    It appears to be compatibility issue between android 9.0 and Microsoft team app. Hoping it will be resolve soon.

    Meanwhile if you have any workaround solution then kindly suggest.

    Thanks,

    Adarsh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-03T20:53:36+00:00

    We've been experiencing the same issue with our student users. When they join a meeting from an Android device they can't see the shared presentation. If they join the same meeting from the Desktop App they can see it fine. Strangely we noticed our staff users are unaffected and can see a shared presentation in a meeting on any platform. We figured out that adding a OneDrive licence to a student user (something we don't normally assign to students) fixed the problem.

    I guess it must be a bug as the experience isn't the same on all platforms and I can't see why you need a one drive licence just to view shared content in a meeting. I've opened a call with Microsoft so will see what they have to say.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments