Error approving login via Authenticator app

Cassiano 100 Reputation points
2025-07-17T17:47:43.09+00:00

To access my Microsoft account, I'm using the Authenticator app for validation. Therefore, I don't use a password; I simply approve the login from the notification I receive in the Authenticator app. This worked until now, but now I get a message saying "That password is incorrect for your Microsoft account" (see the image below), even though I'm not using a password! In the Authenticator app, I don't receive any error, just the message that the login was approved successfully.

I've reinstalled the Authenticator app, disabled and re-enabled alternative login methods... Nothing works. The issue has occurred on both my smartphone and my laptop.

Sem título

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Gerry Dowdy 0 Reputation points
    2025-07-28T17:59:00.4433333+00:00

    My Exchange account has disappeared off my phone. I set it back up and authenticate it, usu g the app, and it disappears again

    thanks for your help

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Gerry Dowdy 0 Reputation points
    2025-07-28T17:56:55.52+00:00

    My Exchange account has disappeared off my phone. I set it back up and authenticate it, usu g the app, and it disappears again

    thanks for your help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.