AutoPilot.dll WIL error was reported Event 1010 - Causes Crashing/Issues Any fix?

Anonymous
2022-12-17T18:01:05+00:00

Hello everyone.

I've looked around the net to figure out what's going on and try to fix the issue, but to no avail. There's suggestions where it's mentioned to disable "Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant Service", I don't want to go that route as I won't be able to sign in for services. Another suggestion is to update, and my PC is fully up to date. Another suggestion was fixing Windows System Image and I've tried that and it's still happening.

OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit (10.0, Build 19045) This is the latest build

My pc has been having some issues where sometimes the screen goes blank. Basically it looks like when you hit control alt delete to bring up the task manager/lock/sign out/switch user screen but it's blank. There's times where the icons on the task bar disappear as well as desktop icons and the pc will lock up where I can't do anything, not access the start menu, not access the process manager, nothing at all. This has been happening a lot so I pulled up my event log to see what's going on and the time seems to be linked to the Autopilot error mentioned in the title of the thread. This event happened 3 times today. Two times back to back at 12/17/2022 11:52:28 AM and then once more at 12/17/2022 11:53:57 AM

UPDATE: It's not happening every time the error shows as it's happened a decent amount of times since the last time I've mentioned.

The details of the event are as follows

General tab

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider/ManagementService

Source: Microsoft-Windows-ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider

Date: 12/17/2022 11:52:28 AM

Event ID: 1010 Task

Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords:

User: -----------

Computer: ------------

Description: Autopilot.dll WIL error was reported.

HRESULT: 0x80070491 File: onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp, line 191

Message: NULL

XML View

  • <Event xmlns="**http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event**">
  • <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider" Guid="{bab3ad92-fb96-5902-450b-b8421bdec7bd}" /><EventID>1010</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x1000000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-12-17T16:52:28.1338145Z" /><EventRecordID>7719</EventRecordID><Correlation /><Execution ProcessID="6064" ThreadID="19168" /><Channel>Microsoft-Windows-ModernDeployment-Diagnostics-Provider/ManagementService</Channel><Computer>-----------------</Computer><Security UserID="S-1-5-21-3571332062-3799675618-396578140-1002" /></System>
  • <EventData> <Data Name="HRESULT">0x80070491</Data><Data Name="File">onecoreuap\admin\moderndeployment\autopilot\dll\dllmain.cpp</Data><Data Name="Line">191</Data><Data Name="Message">NULL</Data></EventData> </Event>
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

24 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-01T23:15:52+00:00

    This error still here on 5/1/2023 this site wont even let me upload the screen shot I took of the event viewer? WoW!!

    I got a program its a Level Editor\Game Engine that requires 8G of DDR4 RAM, I got 32G @3600hz but it crashes when I pull up model's on the screen to use. I cant figure out why, but this AutoPilot.dll has something to do with this crashing or so it say's in event viewer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T08:36:57+00:00

    Worked for me. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T18:35:23+00:00

    First, I want to thank everyone who replied to try and help fix the error. I ended up just resetting Windows 10 to stop the issue.

    Resetting Windows 10 probably isn't a solution for some, but doing this was definitely better than the ridiculous amount of frustration I was dealing with every day. Windows 10 Windows 11 make it really easy to reset compared to previous OS versions, so it's not that bad in my opinion and only take a couple hours to do. For those not familiar with the process you can actually keep all your personal files, passwords saved etc. etc. Reinstalling programs can take a bit of time depending on how much your need to reinstall, but in my opinion it's better than the headache from the recurring issue the Autopilot error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T13:23:06+00:00

    it did not fix the problem its still doing it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments