Why can I not see my son as a family member when I sign in my Family Safety account, but he can see me as the organizer when he sign in his Family Safety account?

Anonymous
2023-08-08T13:32:37+00:00

I have added my son as family member, but I cannot see his account when I sign in. But when he sign in his account, he can see me as the family organizer and see himself as family member. How can I fix this? When I try to invite him to join family again, it says he is already a member of this family. If he wants to rejoin, he needs to leave the family and rejoin, which his account restricts from doing so because of the settings I put in when I set his account up. How can I fix this issue?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,040 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-08T15:32:11+00:00

    Hi C.T.S.

    I am John J.D., a fellow Microsoft user like you.

    It's important to ensure that both you and your son are signed in with your respective Microsoft accounts. To begin, kindly have your son follow these steps: Select the Start menu > Settings, then go to Accounts and choose Your account. If he's not currently signed in with a Microsoft account, he should opt to Sign in with a Microsoft account and enter his email address. If his account is already linked to an email address, please make a note of it.

    Once you've confirmed that your son is signed in with his Microsoft account, try removing him from the family group, then proceed to add him back following these steps:

    How to remove Family member: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

    How to add Family member: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

    If you continue to have trouble inviting your son to join your Microsoft Family after following these steps you can contact Microsoft Support. Here is the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact

    > Type a keyword and press Enter.

    > Then click "Contact Support"

    You can also try to contact Microsoft support using Get Help app.

    > Press Windows + S key to open Search.

    > Type "Get Help" and click Open.

    > Type a keyword and press Enter.

    > Then click "Contact Support".

    Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

    Best regards,

    John J.D.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments