How to disband my Family group, and what's the impact?

Anonymous
2023-12-25T10:05:22+00:00

As my two children grow older, I'm growing less comfortable with having Family Safety features available. My wife and I have moved away from technological control and towards a situation of mutual trust and informed independence.

As the next step, I want to remove both my children from Family Safety. But while I can see how I can do this, I can't find information on what the consequences will be. What will be the impact on my childrens' user experience next time they sign in? Will their accounts turn into normal, independent Microsoft accounts? Do they need to do anything to complete the transition from Family Safety to independent accounts?

And specifically, I have a Microsoft 365 family subscription, which the four of us use. Is that affected, or does that function independently of the Microsoft Family feature?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T22:41:36+00:00

    How did you solve the issue of not being able to remove them from the family group? I am having the same issue and I seem to just be going around in circles, not getting anywhere with it. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T06:36:11+00:00

    I didn't solve it. I grudgingly accepted that in order to share our family 365 license, we had to remain a Family Group. Dialed down all the parental control features as low as they can go.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments