BitLocker ID TraceID error

Anonymous
2023-12-18T10:13:16+00:00

Hello,

Recently my laptop was shut off unexpectedly and upon opening it, it requested that I provide my BitLocker Recovery ID. In any other day, that would have been an easy thing, as I can access that through my Microsoft Account. However, when I tried to log in and access the key this time, I came across an error message "TraceID: 1THwknOTREqs3QGM.21.67 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us." . The issue persists and the only thing varying is the traceID code. The error however remains the same. Is there any way you can help me?

Many thanks,

Jim

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

11 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. SD - IA 180.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-18T10:47:30+00:00

    Hi Jim,

    I'm Sumit, here to answer your query at the Microsoft Community.

    This is a common problem, usually encountered when your Microsoft Account Storage is full.

    What does the following page report about the Storage?

    https://onedrive.live.com/?sw=bypass&v=mana...

    Hope that helps, and rely on us for any further inquiries. All the best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments