BitLocker ID TraceID error

Anonymous
2023-12-18T10:13:16+00:00

Hello,

Recently my laptop was shut off unexpectedly and upon opening it, it requested that I provide my BitLocker Recovery ID. In any other day, that would have been an easy thing, as I can access that through my Microsoft Account. However, when I tried to log in and access the key this time, I came across an error message "TraceID: 1THwknOTREqs3QGM.21.67 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us." . The issue persists and the only thing varying is the traceID code. The error however remains the same. Is there any way you can help me?

Many thanks,

Jim

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

11 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-18T12:19:46+00:00

    In that case Microsoft Support will help you.

    Please get in touch with Microsoft Support for further help.

    Please type the "Get Help" app in Windows Search and open it.

    Type the "Chat with an agent" option and press Enter.

    Please click on the "Contact support" button at the bottom.

    Select the Product and Category for support according to your requirement.

    The available support methods will be shown to you.

    Please ensure to contact using business hours(Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM Local time) for maximum available support options, including Chat support. You can also select Call Me back option and input your Phone number.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T12:19:20+00:00

    Yes, everything is empty

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-18T12:18:14+00:00

    No worries..

    Did you clear the Recycle bin as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T12:16:52+00:00

    No, my account was the only one. I have both my personal email addresses linked to the same account as well, so when I use the other email address to log in, I would be logged to this account and not a separate one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-12-18T12:09:31+00:00

    Thanks Jim.

    Something else is wrong in that case.

    In the Laptop you are having issues with, was any other Microsoft Account configured?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments