New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

Anonymous
2024-03-18T00:04:10+00:00

There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even though the option is available on my pc. I've contacted microsoft support and instead of solving the problem, they told me to seek help from here.

I am on an MSI GE68 HX 13V. I am running Windows 11 Pro. If you navigate to the settings app, then to bluetooth & devices, then to mobile devices, you should see a new option available directly above the option to turn phone link on. I can turn the option on. When I do it tells me it has to install cross device experience host but then nothing happens and it simply says pending under the on switch. Please see screenshots.

I'm hoping someone out there can help me because Microsoft failed 3 times today.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

18 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T04:54:23+00:00

    same thing bro for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T22:28:08+00:00

    Mine just randomly started to work...though the 720p resolution was a bit pointless..FFS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T13:26:04+00:00

    Hi,

    I am in the same loop,

    The phone is a Samsung Note9, Android 10

    The phone link app has all permissions enabled

    Edition Windows 11 Pro
    Version 23H2
    Installed on ‎5/‎16/‎2023
    OS build 22631.3447
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0

    The option to use the phone's camera is not displaying

    I have reset the Phone Link app and run the CLI install command

    C:\Windows\System32>winget install 9NTXGKQ8P7N0
    Found an existing package already installed. Trying to upgrade the installed package...
    No available upgrade found.
    No newer package versions are available from the configured sources.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T11:41:40+00:00

    I'm trying to use phone as webcam.

    Same here on

    Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview

    Build 26085.ge release.240315-1352

    same result (in italian)

    winget install 9NTXGKQ8P7N0

    È stato trovato un pacchetto esistente già installato. Tentativo di aggiornamento del pacchetto installato...

    Non sono stati trovati aggiornamenti disponibili.

    Non sono disponibili versioni più recenti del pacchetto dalle origini configurate.

    (as a reference to get the release number I use this ps (Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion" -Name BuildLabEx).BuildLabEx)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments