Same problem, can't solve it for monthes now
How to solve that Microsoft keeps asking me to sign-in?
Every day that I use my private laptop and use MS Office products (Word and Excel mainly), I get the pop up message that I need to sign in (see the screenshots below). One reads the code: aka.ms/sso-info. Once I sign in things are good. The moment I turn off my laptop and turn it on again, it happens again. It started a couple of months ago. It drives me nuts. I browsed through the community but I do not seem to find the answer to this problem. I have Windows 11. See below a screen shot. I appreciate your help!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
38 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-08-05T09:40:04+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-08-08T18:48:05+00:00 Hi everyone who responded to the issue I posted on April 29, 2024!
Unfortunately, the problem still persists on my end, and it seems Microsoft hasn't addressed it yet (not surprising, I suppose). I'm still hoping that a solution will emerge eventually. Thanks to everyone who took the time to engage with this issue.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-14T07:44:56+00:00 For me, the same issue persists as well unfortunately. Based in Europe, happens everytime on start up of my PC.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-22T18:56:25+00:00 It was so frustrating that whatever I tried, no fix helped. I had a final idea which seems to have solved the issue for me. At least I hope so, we will see in a few days I guess, but so far, it seems to be working.
Since Microsoft Apps were nagging about SSO I thought about what would happen if i actually unliked my Microsoft account from my windows account and turned it into a local account instead ( Settings / Accounts / Your info --> Sign in with a local account instead.
After I logged back in with a local account, I had to enter my microsoft account credentials into most MS Apps once more (Edge, Office, OneDrive...). I rebooted quite a couple of times today and did not have to enter any MS account credentials (or SSO verifications) anymore.
If it really keeps on staying this way, I'll just live with like this, since there is no big advantage in using an MS account within Windows anyway (especially if the alternative is having to deal with re-entering credentials every single time).
If it should not work anymore within a couple days, I'll make sure to reply to my post to let you guys know.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-22T20:04:34+00:00 Thanks yka1988 for letting us all know about your approach. I hope it works. Let us know once you feel it really solved the issue. Best!