How to solve that Microsoft keeps asking me to sign-in?

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-29T18:23:40+00:00

Every day that I use my private laptop and use MS Office products (Word and Excel mainly), I get the pop up message that I need to sign in (see the screenshots below). One reads the code: aka.ms/sso-info. Once I sign in things are good. The moment I turn off my laptop and turn it on again, it happens again. It started a couple of months ago. It drives me nuts. I browsed through the community but I do not seem to find the answer to this problem. I have Windows 11. See below a screen shot. I appreciate your help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

38 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T18:34:13+00:00

    As suggested, going passwordless finally solved this issue for me.

    It does work indeed, except that I had to set a pin instead (the so called “Windows Hello”).

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T06:54:36+00:00

    I did what you suggested and indeed that seems to work. Thanks for the suggestion. Fingers crossed!

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T11:14:02+00:00

    Hi,
    Kayece here, An Independent advisor and a user just like you. I will be happy to assist you today.

    I understand that you want to stay logged in on Microsoft whenever you want to use MS products. Please go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts > Accounts> Select the MS account that you are using on your apps and make sure that it is set to "Microsoft apps can sign me in".

    If it is already set or the issue persists, please try to remove the email and then restart your computer. Login again on your apps and check if the issue persists.

    If none works, create a new local user account and see if the issue persists there.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

    I hope this is helpful. If you have any additional questions or help, please let me know and I will gladly assist you.

    Stay Safe!

    Hi there iam going into my Ms setting sorry or my phone settings sorry iam not very phone savvy??

    Kathy

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T06:04:09+00:00

    After so many attempts taking into account the various solutions proposed here, I am now convinced that there's no way to get rid of this problem. One way or nother, we are required to identify ourselves to Microsoft periodically in order to be able to use Edge, Word, Onedrive...etc correctly. If it is not by entering the Microsoft password, then a code generated by Microsoft Authenticator app. Not even my bank is imposing a similar level of security!

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T10:10:03+00:00

    I am back at square one now again. Now I have to log-in MS after I start my laptop.

    0 comments No comments