How to solve that Microsoft keeps asking me to sign-in?

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-29T18:23:40+00:00

Every day that I use my private laptop and use MS Office products (Word and Excel mainly), I get the pop up message that I need to sign in (see the screenshots below). One reads the code: aka.ms/sso-info. Once I sign in things are good. The moment I turn off my laptop and turn it on again, it happens again. It started a couple of months ago. It drives me nuts. I browsed through the community but I do not seem to find the answer to this problem. I have Windows 11. See below a screen shot. I appreciate your help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

38 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-12T10:11:16+00:00

    I have same issue. Edge after each restart asks me to log in (top left corner). Same for Office 365 apps. Even sticky notes asks.

    I do not need to enter password, just click ok on SSO, but this is so annoying and obviously sync is not working until I am logged in in each app.

    This started to happens not that long time ago. Probably an update?

    @ArnoudM I think you do not see that option, cause you do not use local account on your device, but Microsoft account - same as I do.

    This device is also bound with MS account. So you cannot remove your main account, until you will turn off windows hello, switch to local account and then you'd be able to remove MS account. However, this is not a solution for your and mine problem, cause all is about using MS account without constantly being asked to log in.

    I think that clearing Windows and websites credential storage (control panel) might be worth of try. After doing so, you will need to log in again, but hopefully one time. To do not click every single records, here is single liner powershell script to do it:

    cmdkey /list ForEach-Object{if($_ -like "*Target:*" -and $_ -like "*microsoft*"){cmdkey /del:($_ -replace " ","" -replace "Target:","")}}

    Perhaps also removing device from Microsoft account and re-add it again would help?

    I haven't tried none of above yet, cause I must prepare myself. Meanwhile I hope some solution or confirmation will be posted.

    If not, I will try soon and let you know did it work.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T15:06:12+00:00

    Hi Kayece, thanks for taking the time to help me out. I did what you wrote but then I found a different wording that what you said ("Microsoft apps can sign me in".). "It reads All apps can ask to sign me in", see attached screenshot. I clicked on Manage behind Account Settings but then got on to my Microsoft Account page and I didnøt know what to do there as there is a lot to click on.

    You also wrote: "If it is already set or the issue persists, please try to remove the email and then restart your computer. Login again on your apps and check if the issue persists." but I didn't understand that. Which email do I need to remove?

    Thanks for helping out.

    PS Can it be that my work account plays a conflicting role here is well? I do not use my work account on my private laptop but I do use my personal Google Chrome account on both laptops.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-29T21:00:20+00:00

    Hi,

    Kayece here, An Independent advisor and a user just like you. I will be happy to assist you today.

    I understand that you want to stay logged in on Microsoft whenever you want to use MS products. Please go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts > Accounts> Select the MS account that you are using on your apps and make sure that it is set to "Microsoft apps can sign me in".

    If it is already set or the issue persists, please try to remove the email and then restart your computer. Login again on your apps and check if the issue persists.

    If none works, create a new local user account and see if the issue persists there.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

    I hope this is helpful. If you have any additional questions or help, please let me know and I will gladly assist you.

    Stay Safe!

    0 comments No comments