How to solve that Microsoft keeps asking me to sign-in?

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-29T18:23:40+00:00

Every day that I use my private laptop and use MS Office products (Word and Excel mainly), I get the pop up message that I need to sign in (see the screenshots below). One reads the code: aka.ms/sso-info. Once I sign in things are good. The moment I turn off my laptop and turn it on again, it happens again. It started a couple of months ago. It drives me nuts. I browsed through the community but I do not seem to find the answer to this problem. I have Windows 11. See below a screen shot. I appreciate your help!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

38 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T14:59:23+00:00

    There is no 'Microsoft apps can sign me in', only 'Microsoft apps can ASK ME TO sign in'. This is intolerable as copilot asks me to sign in every time and it's so frustrating I don't use it any more. Someone below is suggesting it's a Europe problem, something to do with sign in changes here.

    If I'm signed in to my microsoft account, copilot should also be signed in, surely?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T13:30:09+00:00

    Hey, my solution is still working for me. Up until now I only had to re-enter my credentials into ms edge and outlook once, and it was immediately after a windows update.

    Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience. I followed your example and switched my Windows account to a local account, and it has worked until now. Before that, I tried the passwordless solution. But it was not much helpful because instead of asking for the pawweord every time, it was requesting authentication through Microsoft authenticator!

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T12:52:16+00:00

    Hey, my solution is still working for me. Up until now I only had to re-enter my credentials into ms edge and outlook once, and it was immediately after a windows update.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T22:43:55+00:00

    I did both and worked, but after a month or two it came back once or twice, so I have repeated it.

    Never seen it again.

    EDIT: I just realised not that long time ago I had to do some modifications on my ms enterprise account so I did same (but cleanup) on my private ms account in a bulk - removing devices, extra alternate methods, hardware key, etc., but I did not remove password from account (like mentioned in one of posts).

    From my perspective it doesn't matter as I was not experiencing it anymore, but perhaps this could influence ms-asa-SSO-nightmare - haven't seen it since June or July.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T15:19:08+00:00

    Hi yka1988! Just a quick check—are you still satisfied with your solution? If so, have there been any changes to your description or the workaround you'd recommend?

    0 comments No comments