voice typing (Windows + H) is not working

Anonymous
2024-10-28T13:31:12+00:00

When I use the shortcut, the dictation window no longer appears.

EDIT: I found a solution, In the language settings I had to install a different regional English, uninstall my regional English, reinstall my regional English while restarting in between and this reset the keyboard settings allowing me to use the windows+H key again

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
LeviS 3,410 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-10-28T19:02:03+00:00

Hi Keith,

Thank you for sharing the way you fixed it! I'm glad you managed to find the solution.

Regards,

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-28T18:55:18+00:00

I found a solution, In the language settings I had to install a different regional English, uninstall my regional English, reinstall my regional English while restarting in between and this reset the keyboard settings allowing me to use the windows+H key again

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

7 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. LeviS 3,410 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-28T14:21:06+00:00

    Hello and Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

    My name is Levi. I am an independent advisor and fellow Microsoft user like you. I have no affiliation with Microsoft and do not have access to your data.

    Are you indicating that the keyboard command is unresponsive, or is the feature not functioning after activation? Is your microphone connected? Has it functioned previously?

    Please provide more details. Meanwhile, I suggest checking for Windows Updates.

    I look forward to your response.

    Levi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments