voice typing (Windows + H) is not working

Anonymous
2024-10-28T13:31:12+00:00

When I use the shortcut, the dictation window no longer appears.

EDIT: I found a solution, In the language settings I had to install a different regional English, uninstall my regional English, reinstall my regional English while restarting in between and this reset the keyboard settings allowing me to use the windows+H key again

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
LeviS 3,410 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-10-28T19:02:03+00:00

Hi Keith,

Thank you for sharing the way you fixed it! I'm glad you managed to find the solution.

Regards,

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-28T18:55:18+00:00

I found a solution, In the language settings I had to install a different regional English, uninstall my regional English, reinstall my regional English while restarting in between and this reset the keyboard settings allowing me to use the windows+H key again

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

7 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. LeviS 3,410 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-28T15:47:13+00:00

    Very strange,

    What's you windows version? type WINVER in search.

    Has anything happened before this stopped working?

    Could you check for Windows Updates?

    If you recently upgraded to 24H2 do you have the option to roll back the update? (Settings>Reset)

    If you think a simple Windows update happened before this issue appeared, can you check in update history if there's any recent update and uninstall it/them?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T15:29:19+00:00

    When I right click and select voice typing in edge it simply types the letter H into the address field and does not bring up dictation. I’m on a laptop, I’ve also tried an external keyboard. I know the win key works with combinations as I can do other shortcuts such as win+screen print to bring up the snipping tool.

    I do not have my win key locked or disabled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. LeviS 3,410 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-28T15:05:10+00:00

    Got it.

    Is this a laptop or desktop? Do you have a lock sign on the Windows key by any chance? It might be disabled for combination use.

    Let's try to access voice typing by going to the search bar in any browser > right click and select voice typing. Let me know if it works that way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments