Hi Keith,
Thank you for sharing the way you fixed it! I'm glad you managed to find the solution.
Regards,
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I use the shortcut, the dictation window no longer appears.
EDIT: I found a solution, In the language settings I had to install a different regional English, uninstall my regional English, reinstall my regional English while restarting in between and this reset the keyboard settings allowing me to use the windows+H key again
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Keith,
Thank you for sharing the way you fixed it! I'm glad you managed to find the solution.
Regards,
I found a solution, In the language settings I had to install a different regional English, uninstall my regional English, reinstall my regional English while restarting in between and this reset the keyboard settings allowing me to use the windows+H key again
Hello,
Could you share a screenshot from Settings > Accessibility > Speech?
Also, is your account part of any organization/work/school or is a personal use account?
If not, I'll share another thread with you with some commands to use.
Please perform those and let me know the outcome.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Also what's the Windows version you have? Type WINVER in search and let me know as well.
Hello Levi,
Thanks for the quick response.
I’m indicating that the keyboard command is unresponsive. My microphone is working and connected, windows is up to date.
I used to use the dictation function all the time, but hitting windows + h no longer triggers dictation. It also does not work using the on screen keyboard.
Hello and Welcome to the Microsoft Community!
My name is Levi. I am an independent advisor and fellow Microsoft user like you. I have no affiliation with Microsoft and do not have access to your data.
Are you indicating that the keyboard command is unresponsive, or is the feature not functioning after activation? Is your microphone connected? Has it functioned previously?
Please provide more details. Meanwhile, I suggest checking for Windows Updates.
I look forward to your response.
Levi