Link WhatsApp to webcam on laptop

Anonymous
2025-05-31T14:04:03+00:00

I have a laptop using Windows 10. It has a linked webcam. The laptop runs WhatsApp (my phone is Android, if that is material). When I receive or make video call, it links to the laptop camera and not to the webcam. In all other circumstances the webcam is the primary camera. Advice, please, on how to make it default to the webcam.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-05-31T16:42:16+00:00

Did you look at the link I provided? I would have to say no. I'll delete my first reply.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Rodrigo Queiroz 78,725 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-05-31T14:49:55+00:00

Hi,

I'm Rodrigo and I'll help you.

Set the camera on WhatsApp settings, so when you receive the call, you don't need to change it.

On WhatsApp, select Settings in the bottom left corner > Video and voice > Set the device under "Video"

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-31T15:48:36+00:00

    Hi Rodrigo,

    Many thanks. It's obvious, really - but it takes an expert to point it out to an idiot.

    Nick

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-31T15:47:05+00:00

    Hi Horace,

    Thank you so much. It's obvious really - but not to an idiot like me.

    Nick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more