I have the same problem
Strange characters appearing
Windows 11 24H2 26100.3624
Haven't used this computer since early last month, just got the KB upgrade to .3624 today.
Has anyone else seen, or possibly know the reason why there are strange characters present?
After I saw them I ran a full system scan, as well as run all the Dism commands as well as sfc /scannow.
Right clicking on Start > System which brings up the System>About page. Under Storage it shows 137 GB of #$%^ used. The characters I'm seeing look like Chinese and they change each time I bring up that page. Any Ideas? Updated that system to .3775 today, and the problem is still present.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
7 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-06-20T04:42:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-05-05T00:53:34+00:00 I noticed that the two people that showed screenshots of this issue have many TB of storage. I have a number of Windows 11 systems and only have this issue on one machine which has 18.19 TB of storage. My storage total consists of two 8 TB drives in a software RAID1 configuration and one 3 TB drive. I only have the strange characters on the right side ( xxx used) and I have only used 5.39 TB of the 18.19 TB. I suspect it may have something to do with the huge storage amount (over 10 TB)? Just another bug MS needs to fix, nothing new.
P.S. The Windows 11 machines with much less storage do not seem to have the issue, nor do two other machines that 3 TB (two 3 TB drives in software RAID1), so the software RAID1 can probably be ruled out as the cause.