Bitlocker recover page shows TracedID and throws error

Anonymous
2024-01-20T17:38:03+00:00

I have been trying to access my bitlocker recovery key but the page "Manage Recovery Keys" for my device shows a TraceID error and says something happened but won't show my bitlocker keys.

I am access bitlocker from My Account -> Devices - Info and Support -> Manage Recovery Keys.

I tried searching for solutions but all of them sent me back to the same page with the trace ID error.

This has been happening now for over a month with the same type of error.

This has also been happening to all of my Windows devices when I try to look up "Manage Recovery Keys"

Is there a location that I can contact live tech support or setup a help ticket for this type of issue?

Error seen on screen:

TraceID: juXz6GXoC0GXUe1i.25.68

Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us.

Thanks

Matt

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-26T01:26:19+00:00

Hi,M E8

Hello, thank you for your reply, I apologize for getting back to you now, we gathered information for this issue and we found that this is currently a known issue.

We are continuing to monitor and investigate this issue on my end, and Microsoft is still working on fixing it. The latest progress I've made in helping you with your inquiry is that it may be related to OneDrive, as BitLocker saves are related to OneDrive. We recommend that you go to OneDrive.com to confirm whether there is a OneDrive freezing issue. If it's frozen, you can try to unfreeze it again, you can visit the link below to unfreeze it: What does it mean when your OneDrive account is frozen? - Microsoft Support

If it doesn't work, we suggest you can go to the website provided to you before and click ask a question, to continue to ask questions so that the bitlocker team can continue to investigate further.

Thank you for your time and effort working on this issue.

Best wishes

Bobhe | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

5 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T17:05:14+00:00

    I am now able to see my Bitlocker Recovery Keys. I think this was resolved by freeing up space on my onedrive which was full. Thanks for the help and support!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-27T17:26:19+00:00

    Thanks for the update Bobhe.

    I checked onedrive and I don't see any freezing or other issues. I am able to access all of my one drive contents. However my one drive was full so I'm not sure if that would have an issue on bitlocker saves. I deleted some items to see if that helps the issue.

    I've also reached on on the other Q&A site with the same question to see if I can get any answers.

    Thanks for the support and please let me know if there is any more progress in resolving this issue.

    Thanks,

    Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-21T16:58:06+00:00

    Hi Bobhe and thanks for the feedback.

    I checked the double authentication and passwordless logon is already turned off.

    I have been logging into my account with the full password.

    For the Microsoft Q&A - should I just re-post my question there and see if it can be answered?

    Is there any other locations for something like a trouble ticket or issue?

    Thanks,

    -Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-21T14:34:38+00:00

    Hello, M E8

    Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

    Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing recovery issues with BitLocker.

    Firstly, thank you for the information, from your feedback, can I ask you if you have double authentication of identity turned on, if so you can turn off the passwordless login and just log in with your password.

    Also, due to the issue with the BitLocker recovery key for your account, the Microsoft community does not have access to view it for you, if you would like to get more information on how to help you recover BitLocker, which is better suited to Microsoft Learn, you can visit the link below where you can post your questions and ideas.

    Microsoft supported products on Q&A | Microsoft Learn

    There will be even more awesome technicians there to solve your problems.

    Best wishes

    Bobhe | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments