blank microsoft edge login screen

Anonymous
2024-03-26T13:23:27+00:00

So I was using edge with no problems on my pc but then I noticed 1 day edge logged me out and said I had to verify that it was me using the account and not someone else. When I tried to log in to verify its me the login pop up appears but its a blank screen. If I go to outlook I can also log in without having any problem its just the Edge login that has this problem.. I have tried resetting edge, deleting cookies, deactivating firewalls, antivirus, and all the web protection provided by microsoft, also deactivated any power efficiency related tool for the edge and I have no extensions whatsoever. Reinstalled... checked if I had the latest windows update... nothing seems to work... I dont know what else to do to fix this "blank microsoft edge login screen"... meanwhile I use it on my phone and I have no issue whatsoever... I'm logged in on that same account and everything is working fine

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

8 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T21:20:23+00:00

    Thank you that worked! Finally I was able to sign in again

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T16:15:35+00:00

    I feel like it might be a glitch if not i would uninstall then reinstall

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T15:59:03+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm Pedro A, Independent Advisor

    I already had this problem

    Try this procedure to reinstall Edge completely:

    *Important: before carrying out the procedure, make a backup of your Favorite Sites

    Click Favorites > Export

    Save the file somewhere safe

    1 - In the start menu, type CMD and choose the option "Run as Administrator"

    2 - When opening the Command Prompt, copy and paste the commands below, pressing Enter after each one:

    taskkill /f /im msedge.exe

    rmdir /s /q "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge"

    reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Edge"

    Type "Yes" and hit enter

    3 - Click Start menu and search for Windows PowerShell, open with Admin privileges.

    Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter

    winget install XPFFTQ037JWMHS

    Type Y and hit Enter

    Wait for the installation and check if Edge works correctly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T15:44:36+00:00

    Hi, check this thread, there are many users with this problem, but there is a temporary workaround by unistalling the latest updates.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/cant-login-on-edge-anymore-sync-issue/6433b1dc-0f99-401f-86e6-90b36c7f2d34?page=4

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments