Tab Issues Edge v. 123.0.2420.90 on iPadOS

Anonymous
2024-04-12T13:08:11+00:00

When I launch Edge there is no tab at the top, just a + button to create a new tab.

If I tap the + button, it creates a new tab, but if I go to a website on the new tab, it still displays "New Tab" on the tab instead of the website's name.

To the left of that tab, I see the Favicon for the website I went to, but it's a black space and tapping on it does nothing.

If I tap the "New Tab" tab it displays Edge's default new tab page with the name of the website I went to.

I deleted and reinstalled the app, but that didn't fix the issue.

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

21 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T22:18:28+00:00

    Dark mode only changes the color of the active tab text from black to white, which then makes the white text visible against the tab’s black background. It doesn’t fix the issue.

    For some reason, the active tab’s background is black making the tab text practically invisible.

    If the recent edge update did this, please fix it, it is awfully annoying.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T10:29:00+00:00

    Todays update seems to have fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T03:05:31+00:00

    Yes, update dropped today, Apr 17th, and now is fixed. It was completely annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-13T11:50:31+00:00

    Update this only happens in Light Mode. Tabs display properly if I switch to Dark Mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T21:48:39+00:00

    I tried clearing all browser data, but that didn't fix the issue. I reported this on Reddit in the Microsoft Edge sub. and another person is seeing this too, so I'm not the only one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments