Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Android
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am having a weird issue with the cursor speed slowing down when using Edge on Mac OS Monterey.
My job requires that I work both in Mac and Windows operating systems. I have Microsoft Edge set up as my default browser for both, which allows me to access my bookmarks and collections across both operating systems. On the Mac OS side, I am using a MacBook Pro 16" with M1 Max chipset running Monterey 12.6. For my mouse, I am using a Logitech MX Master 3S for Mac with Logi Options software installed on the Mac. The mouse is connected to the MacBook via bluetooth.
Because I have the Mac connected to two external monitors with the MacBook screen open, I've adjusted the cursor movement for high speed / acceleration so that I can easily move the cursor across all screens with minimal movement of the mouse. This works fine so long as the active application or window is anything OTHER THAN Edge. However, once the active application / window is Edge, the cursor speeds slows down, not responding per the faster settings.
I have tested this with Chrome and Safari. There are no issues with a change in cursor speed when those browsers are the active application or window. I have tried this with other client applications such as Adobe products and 365 office products. No issue with cursor speed when they are the active application. But the moment Edge becomes the active / selected application, it slows cursor speed / acceleration for everything until some other application is selected.
So Microsoft... what's the fix? I prefer not to switch browsers.
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Android
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm happy to help. Let me know if there's anything else.
Thanks, Mike. I appreciate. As for reporting it to Edge developers, if the issue arises again, I may do so. I know they must get tons of feedback and my use case was rather specific. Goes to show... sometimes simple is best.
Cheers
Hi again Davey -
I'm glad to hear this resolved it. You may be able to replace some of the custom settings from the Logitech bloatware in Windows Mouse or Touchpad Settings at Devices > Mouse or Touchpad.
Let me know if I can help further. I'll stay subscribed to this thread in case you need anything else, until the system locks it in a few months.