Microsoft Edge Application for Android will not play YouTube videos

Anonymous
2021-02-13T02:00:39+00:00

The Edge app for my Android (Galaxy Note20 5g) has stopped playing YouTube videos in January of 2021. They played fine prior to that timeframe. Since then I cannot play youtube videos within the Edge browser on my android.  The response is "Hmmm...can't reach this page  We can't reach this page  Reload".  I have followed the advice give on previous posts for this issue by unintalling the Edge app, rebooting my phone & deleting the cache. None of which have resolved the problem.

All videos play fine on the YouTube, Chrome, & Samsung Internet apps. Must I ditch Edge and warn others of this issue?  Please advise.

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-05-05T21:31:18+00:00

Hello,

My name is Ben, and I'm a Community Manager for Microsoft Edge. I took a look at this thread and would like to help find a solution to this matter.

The team is aware of this situation, and they have been hard at work to address it. This is part of their ongoing effort to ensure that the mobile apps are updated on parity with our desktop apps. That said, I'm curious to know if you are hitting this situation in our updated Dev or Canary apps. I'd ask that you download one of those versions and let me know if the issue is still happening. You can find a download link here: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/download?platform=android

If the problem persists, please let me know. I'd be glad to look into it further.

Thank you for your time, and I wish you all the best!

-Ben

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-05-07T17:56:18+00:00

Hello,

This makes me so happy! Ah, you made me smile wide with this response. All right, I'll forward to the team that both Dev and Canary worked. In the meantime, if you have any other questions, please let me know. Have a truly excellent weekend.

-Ben

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

23 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-27T14:01:56+00:00

    I'm in the same situation - I've isolated the problem to Bing results w/ Edge on an Android device. The 'fix' that I used was that I changed my search engine to Google. I don't like how the results come back - I like Bing's results better (ie. every new results list seems to include an ad for something related to what I'm searching for) but at least videos load...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-24T19:54:04+00:00

    I just sent feedback again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T08:37:03+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

    I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to play YouTube Videos in Microsoft Edge on Android.

    As you have already tried uninstalling and clearing cache in Microsoft Edge, I would appreciate if you could provide feedback on the same so that our developing team can look into it and constantly improve the features. You can open Microsoft Edge. Click on the Settings & More Ellipsis(…) on the right hand corner and then, select Help &Feedback and select Send Feedback. 

    Regards,

    Nikhar Khare

    Microsoft Community - Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments