Read Aloud does not work for pdfs in mobile

Anonymous
2023-04-30T23:44:01+00:00

Hi everyone,

Read aloud is an extremely important feature for me that singlehandedly made me want to switch my browser to Microsoft Edge. Unfortunately, while the feature works on mobile on normal websites, it doesn't work for pdfs. Has anyone had any success with this?

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T02:59:30+00:00

    Hi Mohammad.

    Indeed, it's possible that this issue is a bug that persists in the Edge iOS app. You can try resetting the browser through the settings to see if it helps to resolve the problem.

    Also make sure your app is up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-01T18:45:52+00:00

    Hi AndreyRafael,

    Thank you for your response. So how would I use the Read Aloud feature if I have the pdf opened on another app? I am using the native pdf reader on the Edge iOS app so surely it should work. I've also tried with many other pdfs and I've seen quite a few other posts on this issue by others so it appears that the feature may not be supported. I know desktop users had an issue with the Read Aloud feature on pdfs previously but this has been resolved so maybe the same issue is persisting on mobile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments