Hardware Acceleration option has disappeared on 110.0.1587.41

Anonymous
2023-02-10T18:01:40+00:00

I upgraded to the latest version of Edge yesterday (110.0.1587.41 ARM) and now I can no longer find the option to turn off/on hardware acceleration. With my job I have to turn it off or on depending on what code or test I am looking at. When Edge updated it was set to off, and now I cannot turn it back on. Does anyone know why it was removed and if there is a backdoor to turn it back on?

Thanks,

Allan

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

16 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T02:51:46+00:00

    For those who are still looking for the solution currently in Version 111.0.1661.54 (Official build) (arm64), the best effort i managed to try out is to adjust via edge://flags. from there, look for "acceleration" or "gpu" related options and disable those you think it suits your changes. i doubt this will be perfectly working fine. just remember to change back to default once microsoft edge brings back the hardware acceleration method.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-22T00:45:27+00:00

    Still not fixed in  111.0.1661.51

    This is starting to get ridiculous. I have to open chrome to get certain site functionality to work that is broken in Edge Chromium?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-15T16:29:12+00:00

    I wanted to let you know that our engineering team is still actively investigating the issue and working to find a resolution. Thank you for your patience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 937.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-11T08:02:59+00:00

    Hi Allan, glad to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T04:41:43+00:00

    Thanks for the reply, Dan. On the ARM version (MacOS) the entire "System" section of the page is no longer there. I'll put in a bug report.

    Allan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments