Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller always has an error after sleep

CA 145 Reputation points
2025-07-07T10:01:47.0033333+00:00

When starting after sleep Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller always has an error and therefore I have to disabled it and the enabled it to restart the WiFi connection. I do not want to leave network controllers on during sleep. This started happening after the June 2nd update. Please fix at your end and reissue the update. I do not really want to have to disable and reenable the controller every time. Thank you.

Surface | Other

20 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. JR 0 Reputation points
    2025-07-17T22:11:47.7133333+00:00

    I'm seeing the exact same behavior on my maybe 6 year old Microsoft Surface Laptop running the Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller. Any advice or suggestions on how to work around this if they don't fix the broken update?

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. shredward 0 Reputation points
    2025-07-17T22:19:11.39+00:00

    I have the same problem on my Surface Pro 6 with the Marvell AVASTAR controller since the last update. I have to uninstall/reinstall the controller or restart to enable WiFi & Bluetooth temporarily until the next time it goes to sleep.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. JR 0 Reputation points
    2025-07-17T22:27:27.36+00:00

    I've just submitted a feedback item through the 'Feedback Hub' in Windows - I am led to believe this is how to report Windows update triggered driver issues. I guess we'll see...

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. Mark Fallon 0 Reputation points
    2025-07-17T23:42:42.0266667+00:00

    I'm having the same issue and seems related to that update as well as nothing else has changed.

    I deleted and reinstalled first but the issue was still present so I just disable and re-enable as well so I don't have to add wireless networks back all the time while I wait for a fix 🤞. Using a SP4 that's been doing pretty good on 11-24H2 minus battery life from age.

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. CA 145 Reputation points
    2025-07-18T14:38:16.9+00:00

    I found a quick work around which is to leave the Computer Management window open and just Right click on Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller and select Disable device. It asks if I am sure - click yes. Then after it reloads the menu, Right click it again and this time select Enable device. The Wifi pops back on immediately.

    Meanwhile, Microsoft have not responded.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.