Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller always has an error after sleep

CA 145 Reputation points
2025-07-07T10:01:47.0033333+00:00

When starting after sleep Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller always has an error and therefore I have to disabled it and the enabled it to restart the WiFi connection. I do not want to leave network controllers on during sleep. This started happening after the June 2nd update. Please fix at your end and reissue the update. I do not really want to have to disable and reenable the controller every time. Thank you.

Surface | Other

20 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stu0292 5 Reputation points
    2025-12-02T13:57:15.02+00:00

    I've updated the script provided by Thibaut to hopefully make it a bit easier for non-technical folks to use (Thanks Thibaut for the original!).

    The script is here: https://github.com/stu-bell/powershell-snippets/blob/main/scripts/Restart-Driver.ps1Save the script to a file (download button in the top right of the GitHub page).

    The easiest way to run the script is to create a shortcut to it. Instructions to do that are here:

    https://github.com/stu-bell/powershell-snippets/blob/main/run-from-shortcut.md

    Once you've downloaded the script and created the shortcut correctly, double clicking the shortcut should run the script to disable and re-enable the driver. You may be prompted to enter your administrator password.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. CA 145 Reputation points
    2025-11-17T14:27:32.3566667+00:00

    This worked for me today:
    Go into device manager --> network adapters --> marvell avastar wireless-AC network controller right click and select properties -->select advance --> Band -->select 5Gz only

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Regis 0 Reputation points
    2025-11-05T16:53:23.4566667+00:00

    Same problem here, and not really a solution.

    I have a Surface Book 2, on Windows 10, driver version 15.68.17022.122, no problem at all with the Marvell adapter.

    I tried an upgrade to Windows 11 (a full clean installation, actually), and my problems began: each time I go out of sleep, the Marvell adapter does not work, and needs to be disabled, and then re-enabled in device manager. I tried several driver versions, no change.

    As this is a real pain, I downgraded (again full clean installation) to Windows 10, and the problem is gone (well, the Marvell adapter problem, not the discontinued support of Windows 10).

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. D S 110 Reputation points
    2025-10-15T14:19:26.49+00:00

    Is there any resolution to this?

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. Rodgby 0 Reputation points
    2025-09-30T19:29:10.3066667+00:00

    I have the same issues with my Surface Pro 6 running Windows 11Home 24H2. I have reinstalled Windows which has made no difference.

    I am also seeing two additional issues with drivers - an errorr with

    • Skizze pen.2 drivers showing errors: Code 28
    • Surface Serial Hub driver Code 10

    Disab;ling these drivers does not help as they just reappear with errors

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.