Google Ads Imports - Everything is being skipped

Anonymous
2020-11-23T14:10:38+00:00

Hi all,

I just created a basic Google Ads Search campaign, with a couple of ad groups and some keywords & ads. All fine in Google.

I try to import into Microsoft Ads and it skips EVERYTHING.

The downloadable error spreadsheet just says "The selected ad group has invalid ID" but doesn't tell me what that means or how to fix it, nor can I find that information anywhere. 

Anybody having similar problems or got any "check this first" ideas?

Microsoft Advertising | Bulk edits | Use Google imports

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-11-24T01:11:20+00:00

Hi NicShacklock123,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your ads import!  We're here to help!

When importing from Google Ads, make sure to go through the checklist of options before importing.  There, you'll find an option to import DSA (Dynamic Search Ads) as mixed-mode in the last section of import options.

This should help allow the ads to import; however, if you find that the import is still unsuccessful, I'd be more than happy to continue to assist you in getting the import completed.  To do so, please reply to the private message I have sent you.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

7 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-05T17:40:43+00:00

    I have been having the same issue for months, Why hasnt there been a resolution to this?

    I am importing 2 brand new campaigns that have never been in Microsoft ads, The import fails even after going through every option in "Advanced Import" whether you update those options or not the import fails stating "CampaignIDInvalid" and "The selected ad group has Invalid ID"

    This has been extremely frustrating as it seems the reps keep replying with the same thing and people keep having the import fail.

    In my opinion the import should bring in whatever even with errors and allow us to fix these errors ourselves instead of having the entire import fail.

    Please advise

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-05T17:40:23+00:00

    I have been having the same issue for months, Why hasnt there been a resolution to this?

    I am importing 2 brand new campaigns that have never been in Microsoft ads, The import fails even after going through every option in "Advanced Import" whether you update those options or not the import fails stating "CampaignIDInvalid" and "The selected ad group has Invalid ID"

    This has been extremely frustrating as it seems the reps keep replying with the same thing and people keep having the import fail.

    In my opinion the import should bring in whatever even with errors and allow us to fix these errors ourselves instead of having the entire import fail.

    Please advise

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-01T18:10:40+00:00

    Sadly not

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments