Windows 11 - Windows Update - Updates failed - Error 0x80248014

X-Box-11-2021 485 Reputation points
2023-12-20T07:10:36.4366667+00:00

Hi All,

Edition: Windows 11 Pro

Version: 22H2

OS build: 22621.2715

Below are the errors I'm getting.

WS error 01

WS error 02

WS error 03

I tried:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

It didn't help.

I tried sfc /scannow and it didn't help.

I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and it didn't help.

I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:G:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess and it didn't help.

Please advise what else can be tried.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other

6 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Sorilla, John Michael (Cognizant) 0 Reputation points
    2025-09-03T06:49:26.3+00:00

    I was able to resolve this case by downloading the required update via Microsoft Update Catalog. This error usually means something wrong with the network it can't connect to windows update server.

    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/

    Download the necessary KB - install and it will prompt to restart the device once it's done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.