How to move the Windows 11 taskbar to the left or right side of the screen?

Henry Jackson 480 Reputation points
2023-09-14T22:28:44.7+00:00

I have a two-monitor computer setup and recently switched to Windows 11. In Windows 10, I could fix my taskbar to the left side of the screen on my left monitor, and the right side of the screen on my right monitor. However, I cannot find any way to move the taskbar from the center bottom position it holds in Windows 11. Can anyone please provide a solution to this problem? Thank you.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other

Answer accepted by question author
Erland Sommarskog 137.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2023-12-09T10:52:14.4366667+00:00

You can do this in Windows 11 if you install ExplorerPatcher. Of course, you may be nervous of installing something that actually goes in an modifies explorer.exe. Since I just can't stand the centred taskbar in Windows 11, I have no choice. I recall that I have run into a case where Explorer did not start after a Windows update, and it was a bit of a panic until I was able to uninstall and re-install Explorerpatcher.

Once you have installed ExplorerPatcher, you will get a Start-menu item for ExplorerPatcher. Select it, and you will find the option for the taskbar location.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.

9 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Michael Bolsover 330 Reputation points
    2025-08-13T13:32:10.77+00:00

    Is this forum a scam? I get an email offering an answer, then it turns out its been deleted. What's going on Microsoft. Just fix the issue and stop ignoring customers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.

    7 deleted comments

    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Erland Sommarskog 137.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-01T20:29:10.8166667+00:00

    For those have not seen it, this is now possible in Windows 11 26H2:

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. Connor, Jared 0 Reputation points
    2025-09-26T15:56:15.08+00:00

    Did anyone already provide this answer?

    Start > Settings > Personalization > Scroll to "Taskbar behaviors dropdown > Toggle Taskbar alignment to "Left" (no right alignment :/)User's image

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.