Authenticator Stuck in Loop

Matthasaqq 331 Reputation points
2022-09-21T18:31:46.1+00:00

My Authenticator recently stopped working properly. This happened after I switched to a new phone. iPhone 12 to iPhone 14.

When I try to log into my work email, it says I need to use Authenticator to authenticate. When Authenticator pops up…it also asks me to authenticate via Authenticator.

I’m assuming there’s some kind of app refresh or permission that needs to be unlocked.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app. And I’ve reset my phone. I’ve tried searching the forums, going through Chat, and even calling (which pointed me back to Chat…because MSFT doesn’t support calls??). Nada.

Can anyone help?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2026-03-06T01:28:55.07+00:00

    I have my biz email set up through my GoDaddy account, and I was able to access the email through that account and turn off the security defaults, which allowed me to log in without the authenticator prompt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.