How to cancel Microsoft 365 Business Standard

Rob Ellis 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T18:54:28.4866667+00:00

I set up a trial for Microsoft 365 business standard last year and immediately asked to cancel as it didn’t have any features that were different to our family plan. However, it appears it was never cancelled and I have been charged ever since. You’ll see that I have never used this service so I would like to cancel and claim a refund. Many thanks.

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ryan-N 16,135 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T19:16:50.79+00:00

    Hi Rob,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.To cancel your Microsoft 365 Business Standard subscription, you need to use the Global Administrator account provided by Microsoft via email when you subscribed to the plan. You can then use this account to access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center and cancel the subscription.

    Please follow these steps:

    Step 1: Go to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.

    Step 2: Select Billing > Your products, and then locate your Microsoft 365 Business Standard subscription.

    User's image

    Step 3: Select Cancel subscription.

    User's image

    If you would like to request a refund, you will need to contact Billing Support so they can review whether your subscription is eligible for a refund.

    To submit a support request to the Billing Support team, please follow these steps:

    Step 1: In the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, select Help & support.

    User's image

    Step 2: Enter the following request:

    I need to contact Billing Support to request a refund for my Microsoft 365 Business Standard subscription.

    Step 3: Select Contact Support, and then provide the required information by following the instructions on the screen.

    Once your support request has been received and routed to a support representative, they will contact you using the contact method and time frame you selected to assist you with your refund request.

     I hope this information is helpful.

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.