subscription

LION Western Australia 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T01:45:10.2666667+00:00

Dear Microsoft Billing Support,

I am writing to formally dispute the subscription renewal request currently appearing on my Outlook/Hotmail account, ******@live.com.au.

I have already paid for a Microsoft 365 subscription, and I do not understand why Microsoft is now requesting that I pay for another subscription. (under our other account for ******@perthcityapartmenthotel.com

This issue arose after Microsoft required me to complete additional email security verification. Following that process, I was able to access my Outlook account, but a warning appeared stating that my subscription had expired and that I was exceeding the free storage limit.

I have been using this Hotmail account for many years without this problem.

I request that Microsoft urgently:

  1. Investigate my existing Microsoft 365 subscription and confirm the payment already made.
  2. Explain why my Outlook account is now showing an expired subscription.
  3. Confirm whether my existing paid subscription is correctly linked to my email account.
  4. Remove any duplicate or incorrect subscription charges.
  5. Ensure my email service continues without interruption while this matter is investigated.

I do not authorise any duplicate subscription payment.

Please provide a written explanation and confirm what action Microsoft will take to resolve this issue.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Rukshan edirisinghe 1,235 Reputation points
    2026-10-08T03:03:03.1666667+00:00

    Hi @LION Western Australia

    This usually happens when the subscription was bought under one Microsoft account and the mailbox that's running out of space is a different account. Your payment is most likely fine. It's just sitting on your other email address, so the Hotmail account is treated as a free account with the 15 GB limit.

    Here's how to sort it out:

    1. Go to account.microsoft.com/services and sign in with the other email address (the one you paid with). Check which plan is listed there and that it's active.
    2. If it's Microsoft 365 Family, go to account.microsoft.com/services/office/sharing, select Share, and invite your live.com.au address.
    3. Open the invite email in the Hotmail account, select Get started, then Join now. That account then gets its own 1 TB of storage from the Family plan.
    4. If it's Microsoft 365 Personal, it can't be shared or moved to another account. In that case, contact Microsoft billing support from support.microsoft.com/contactus and ask them about the charge on the Hotmail account.

    Please don't post email addresses, order numbers or card details here. If anyone asks for them, share them by private message only.

    Which plan do you see on the account you paid with, Family or Personal?

    If this resolved your issue, please consider accepting it as the answer. If the subscription still doesn't show up, let me know and I'll be happy to keep helping.

    Reference:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.