Can't access my account

lucia bailetti 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T16:17:23.69+00:00

Hello, I am the only Global Administrator of my Microsoft 365 tenant. My subscription was reactivated after a payment issue, but I am now locked out due to an MFA loop. Microsoft Authenticator requires authentication through the same Authenticator app, and I have no alternative verification method available. I am receiving error AADSTS500121. I need an MFA reset / security information re-registration and assistance from the Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team. Tenant: tidu.onmicrosoft.com Admin account: [[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@tidu.onmicrosoft.com]

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Hendrix 1,990 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T17:06:19.84+00:00

    Hi Lucia,

    I’m truly sorry to hear that you’re currently unable to sign in.

    Since you're a sole administrator, the only way to regain access is to contact Microsoft support. In this situation, the Microsoft Data Protection team has tools and processes in place to verify identity and regain access to administrator accounts. 

    Please try locating the appropriate hotline for your region here: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support 

    Here are some tips and an example of a prompt to help you navigate the IVR more effectively: 

    (When you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds, such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.)

    • What kind of problem are you experiencing?        
    • Answer: Authenticator        
    • What products do you use?        
    • Answer: Office 365 for business        
    • Is this for an education or company account?        
    • Answer: For companies        
    • Are you an administrator?        
    • Answer: Yes        
    • Are there any other administrators in your organization?        
    • Answer: No. I am the only admin in my tenant         
    • Do you need a... Service request?         
    • Answer: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me directly to the Data Protection Team.     

    During the phone call, you will need to provide the information associated with your subscription, such as your company name, billing details, phone number, and an alternate email address, etc. This information allows the Data Protection team to verify your identity and securely assist you in regaining access to your administrator account.     

    I also recommend calling during business hours. In my experience, it can be difficult to get through to the correct support queue since automated systems don't always work as expected. If you can't get through on your first try, I suggest trying again later or at a different time.

    I hope this helps point you in the right direction. If you have any updates or additional questions, feel free to reply back and I'll do my best to assist further.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.