Managing a custom domain without a business account

RandomCamden 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T15:44:38.3766667+00:00

I have family O365 membership and 5 email addresses working on @mydomain.com. I want to add another alias/shared mailbox, but can't get access to admin.microsoft.com as I don't have a business account.

What are my options? DNS and hosting is with Cloudflare.

N.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 271K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T16:26:49.8966667+00:00

    Microsoft 365 Family does not include an admin center or support shared mailboxes.

    Microsoft discontinued the ability to create new custom-domain email addresses in Microsoft 365 Personal and Family in Nov, 2023. Your existing five addresses can continue working, but you cannot add new custom-domain aliases through Microsoft 365 Family.

    If this is a feature important to you, I am afraid you have no choice but to switch over to the business plan. Sorry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.