Refund approval but not processed

Bobby 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T14:02:34.91+00:00

I purchased a game from Xbox market place and used a vodacom bill as the payment method. I changed my mind and requested a refund within the eligibility window and it was approved back to payment method. Now I dont have the game and its been 2 month and on my bill I was charged but never reverse charged for my purchase. Vodacom is stating it never got any communication from Microsoft. When I check the refund was approved. How do get this settled? Microsoft ai bots aren't helpful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Xavier-D 13,755 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T23:55:15.41+00:00

    Hello Bobby

    I’m sorry that you are still waiting for the refund after two months.

    Since the Xbox refund shows as approved but Vodacom has not received the reversal, please check the transaction under your Order history and then contact Xbox Support for a payment trace and escalation.

    When contacting support, provide:

    • The Xbox order number
    • The refund approval email or screenshot
    • The date the refund was approved
    • A copy of the Vodacom bill showing that the charge was not reversed

    Ask Xbox Support to confirm the refund transaction or reference number and the date it was sent to Vodacom. You can then provide that reference to Vodacom so they can trace it on their side.

    Please note that Microsoft Q&A is a public community forum and cannot access billing records or process the refund directly.

    I hope you can get the support you need, have a nice day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.