Product Key linked to old email address; trying to link to new email so I can have ad-free outlook and save files to One Drive

LaShae Moore 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T11:36:01.0233333+00:00

Good Morning,

My product key was redeemed under an old email address and when I set up my outlook, I did not realize that my information was not syncing. I have ads in outlook and when I work in Microsoft 365, my files are not being automatically saved to my One Drive.

How can I transfer the product key to the current email address I would like to use?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance.

LaShae

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T12:10:53.4266667+00:00

    When Microsoft 365 is activated, that becomes permanently associated to the Microsoft account used as a digital licence, there is no native method provided to move the subscription to another account.

    You would need to cancel the subscription to get a pro-rata refund and take out a new subscription on the other account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.