Cannot delete a user from Microsoft Business Center (Manage Access) - No delete button visible

Ken Yoshida (吉田 謙) 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T06:23:10.42+00:00

Hello,

I am writing to request assistance with removing an unwanted user from our Microsoft Business Center.
Here are the details of my situation:

  1. I am logged in with the "Account Administrator" role under the Volume Licensing management context. However, under "Account Management" > "Manage Access", there is no "Delete" or "Revoke Access" button available on the screen to remove this user.
  2. I am only responsible for managing Volume Licensing and do not have Global Administrator privileges for Microsoft 365. Therefore, I cannot log into the Microsoft 365 Admin Center (://microsoft.com) to manage users or check the active directory directory.
  3. How can I have this user's link manually removed or unlinked from our organization/agreement from the backend?

Also, please let me know if there is any way I can receive support for this issue in Japanese, as it would help me communicate more smoothly.

Thank you for your support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hani-Ng 2,070 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T06:37:54.1766667+00:00

    Hi Ken Yoshida (吉田 謙)

    Since you are referring to Microsoft Business Center (MBC) and an MPSA (Microsoft Products and Services Agreement), this is separate from standard Microsoft 365 user administration. Microsoft documentation indicates that licenses purchased through MPSA are registered and managed through Microsoft Business Center.

    Therefore, not having the Microsoft 365 Global Administrator role does not necessarily mean that you need to manage this user through standard Microsoft 365 user management.

    If the Delete/Remove/Revoke Access option is not available under Account Management > Manage Access, I would suggest contacting Microsoft Volume Licensing Support for further assistance with the account association. A backend removal or unlinking cannot be performed through the Microsoft Community forum.

    Since you mentioned that you cannot access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, you can submit a Volume Licensing support request through the Microsoft Engage Center instead. Microsoft specifically provides this as an alternative support route when the Microsoft 365 Admin Center cannot be accessed.

    Please refer to the official instructions here:

    Contact Volume Licensing Support | Microsoft Learn

    When submitting the request, please include the relevant agreement or Purchasing Account information, your current MBC role, the affected user's account/email information, and screenshots showing that the removal option is unavailable. Please avoid posting those details in this public forum, as they may contain personal or organizational information.

    Just a quick note that this forum is a peer-to-peer community, so while members can share advice and experiences only, members do not have access to your organization, licensing account, or Microsoft backend systems. Therefore, please kindly contact the support team for the most efficient help.

    I hope this information helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.