how to transfer MS 365 to new email account

barfinkl6 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T22:26:47.15+00:00

I had to open a new email account and need to transfer my MS 365 to the new account. How do I do that? I also need to verify my new account but am having trouble accomplishing it.

Your help is appreciated.

Steve

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS726 270.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T23:07:49.3533333+00:00

    Hello

    Unfortunately you cannot transfer a subscription from one account to another. Microsoft doesn't support that.

    You would need to cancel the subscription. Please go to https://account.live.com

    Sign into your Microsoft account. Then go to Services. Click on Manage for the subscription plan you want to cancel.

    Then sign up with the new account.

    Can you tell me what kind of difficulty you ran into with verifying? Error message, or not receiving the code, or?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.