I have purchased 365 personal wanting install, but wants my credit card

Annette Leaver 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T11:00:12.06+00:00

I have a product key and Microsoft 365 personal still wants my credit card details which I am not able to skip, or it want won't except my card details. It should be my choose when and whether I want to renew the subscription not for Microsoft 365 to tell me that my 12-month Auto-Renewal submission is on the credit card that I have to enter to be able to continue with the use of the product that I have already paid for. I would appreciate if you could please let me know what I need to do so I can install the product that I have already purchased.

Also, I have tried to with the chat assistant and there is only an error message.

Chat init request failed: 500 - {"error":"Invalid UPN format. UPN should follow username@domain format. Allowed characters: A - Z, a - z, 0 - 9, ' . - _ ! # ^ ~ $ & || Current Value: 61421983248"}

Please help me as I have already paid for this product.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T11:34:01.6233333+00:00

    Log into this link with your Microsoft account to enter your product key, you should have the option to skip entering a payment method and to skip enabling recurring billing on the subscription.

    https://setup.office.com/Home?wa=wsignin1.0

    If not, try entering your product key on this link to register your subscription on your account.

    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.