I can't login to my personal Azure subscription using my personal email due to authenticator issues

ROSS LARGE 0 Reputation points
2026-10-03T15:52:15.35+00:00

Hi,

If I try to login to my Azure subscription the username and password are accepted but I'm then I bumped to the use authenticator page. I don't get a notification from the authenticator on my phone and the only other option is to enter a code which is 8 digits rather than the 6 digits the verification requires.

There are no other admins or users on the account, I set it up as a pay as you go. There seems to be no way of contacting a support person, you either need to be logged in which I can't or have a school or business account with an admin who can help. I'm able to authenticate to my Microsoft account using the same authenticator and code.

I have also tried a few different links that others have recommended but it all comes back to the authenticator such as the Engage Center where I can see the directory for the sub.

Can anyone advise how to speak to someone?

Thanks,
Ross.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.