Is a Czech OSVČ (sole proprietor) eligible for Azure Artifact Signing Public Trust Organization validation?

Евгений Тхорев 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T20:17:07.09+00:00

Hello,

I am developing a commercial Windows desktop application called ST Cut and I would like to use Azure Artifact Signing Public Trust for Authenticode signing of the application's EXE and DLL files.

I am based in the Czech Republic and operate as a registered Czech sole proprietor (OSVČ / self-employed natural person). I have a Czech business registration and IČO (business identification number).

The business is registered under my personal legal first and last name rather than as a separate limited company (s.r.o.).

I understand that Public Trust supports organizations in the European Union, while Individual Developer Public Trust has different geographic restrictions. I would therefore like to clarify how a registered Czech sole proprietor is classified for Artifact Signing identity validation.

Could you please confirm:

  1. Can a Czech OSVČ / sole proprietor with an IČO complete Public Trust Organization identity validation?
  2. Is a sole proprietor whose registered business legal name is the owner's personal first and last name eligible, or would this be treated as an Individual Developer?
  3. Which Czech documents are accepted for business verification (for example, trade/business registration and IČO)?
  4. Do Czech-language registration documents require an official English translation?
  5. What exact Publisher / Subject CN or O name would appear in the Authenticode certificate for a Czech sole proprietor?
  6. Can ST Cut remain the commercial product/brand name while the Authenticode Publisher shows the verified legal name of the sole proprietor?
  7. What website/domain and business-email requirements apply to a Czech sole proprietor? Are two email addresses on a business-owned domain required?

I do not want to create a separate s.r.o. solely for code signing if my existing registered Czech OSVČ is eligible.

I would like to confirm the correct eligibility path before creating an Artifact Signing account or starting identity validation.

Thank you.

Artifact Signing
Artifact Signing

A fully managed end-to-end service for digitally signing code, documents, and applications. (formerly Trusted Signing)

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.