Repeatedly asked for 365 activation, and then activation does not work and goes round in multiple circles

Mick D 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T10:31:42.2733333+00:00

Repeatedly asked for 365 activation, and then activation does not work and goes round in multiple circles

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Mick D 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T12:53:50.7466667+00:00

    Dave thank you for your reply.
    Yes it's on a Mac, and is very infuriating, as none of three methods of activation worked with no explanation whatsoever just an error code, it's really not good enough.
    I find it infuriating because a Microsoft Office subscription is not cheap, but there's no real help just a rabbit warren of AI, that seldom comes up with anything to the point and useful and just wastes a lot of time.
    I actually discovered that on my other Mac, Office 365 was working ie. is activated, but I thought Office 365 can be shared activated across five Macs?
    Anyway I've kind of had enough of this and am going to be actively looking for a Microsoft Word alternative, I don't really need everything Word offers as I'm something of an occasional user, I'm already happy to use Mac Numbers as an alternative to Excel, in fact it's better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T11:04:36.5066667+00:00

    There are some on-going problems reported with the Office apps on an Apple Mac device at the moment.

    1

    Log into your Microsoft account on this link:

    https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    What version of Microsoft Office do you have, is that a subscription to Microsoft 365 or a standalone version of Office like Office 2019, 2021 or 2024.

    2

    At the top left of your Mac desktop, click the Apple icon and select 'About this Mac', what version of MacOS is installed on your computer?

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.