

I am using Microsoft Word, excel & powerpoint on a Mac, and Word is not opening/activating properly. Whenever I try to open Word, I get the following message:
Unknown Error An unknown error has occurred. The error code is: 0x0
I have already:
- Updated Microsoft AutoUpdate to version 4.85
- Updated Word, Excel and PowerPoint to version 16.78
- Restarted my Mac
- Reinstalled Microsoft Office
- Signed in with my Microsoft account again
- Has microsoft student & home licence 2019
However, the 0x0 error continues to appear.
Microsoft AutoUpdate shows Word, Excel and PowerPoint as “Up To Date”, but also displays **“Upgrade Required”**next to all three applications.
Mac: MacBook Air M1 (2020) Microsoft Word: 16.78 Microsoft AutoUpdate: 4.85 Error: 0x0
What does error 0x0 mean in this situation, and what is the correct way to completely fix the Office installation/activation on macOS without losing my existing documents?
I would especially appreciate instructions for checking whether this is an Office licensing/activation issue, corrupted Office components, or an incompatible/unsupported Office version.