Office 2019 for Mac – Perpetual License Cannot Be Activated

Bihter Koçan 0 Reputation points
2026-09-28T18:28:18.97+00:00

I have a valid Office 2019 for Mac perpetual license linked to my Microsoft account.

I installed the last Office 2019-compatible Mac version (16.78.3 / Build 23102801), signed in with the correct Microsoft account, used the official Microsoft Office License Removal Tool, and restarted my Mac.

However, Word still shows “License not activated” and asks me to activate Microsoft 365.

Please check whether my Office 2019 perpetual license can still be activated on my Mac and, if necessary, escalate this to the Licensing/Activation team. I am not looking to purchase Microsoft 365; I want to use the Office 2019 license I already purchased.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Gérard Oomens 132.7K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-28T18:33:13.78+00:00

    Have a look at:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/lifecycle/officeinstall/update-m365-office-macos-ios

    .....

    If you have Office 2019 for Mac

    Office 2019 for Mac reached end of support on October 10, 2023, and no longer receives updates. Because Office 2019 cannot be updated to the required version, this issue cannot be resolved by updating or reinstalling Office 2019 for Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.