Stand Alone CoPilot app does not recognize that I upgraded my account to Premium

Erin Galloway 0 Reputation points
2026-09-21T18:27:47.41+00:00

Hello,

I have worked on a Task in the desktop Copilot and need to access the task on my phone. I logged into MS365 on my phone and confirmed that the premium account is in effect. But when I download the Copilot app on my iPhone, the same login information says that my account is "personal" and therefore I can't access the task (not included in personal level account).

I have logged out of the app and signed back in, deleted the app and reinstalled it, logged out of MS365 on my phone and logged back in, shut down the phone/restarted - and still does not recognize that I have the premium account.

The only thing I can think is the issue is that I also have a work MS365 account on the phone - but that is labeled as a separate account in CoPilot.

How can I get the Copilot app to recognize that I pay for the premium subscription so I can access the Task within my account?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | iOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Alex-L 12,985 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-22T08:24:23.07+00:00

    Hi Erin Galloway

    If Copilot works on your desktop but the iPhone app still shows your account as "Personal," verify that the Copilot app is signed in with the exact Microsoft account that owns the subscription. If you have both work and personal accounts on the phone, temporarily remove the other account from Copilot and sign in only with the subscribed account. Also confirm the subscription appears under Microsoft Account > Services & Subscriptions. If the issue persists after 24 hours, contact Microsoft Support as it may be a licensing synchronization issue. As this is a public forum, we cannot verify or modify subscription entitlements.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.