Changing Payments Methode Give me a Error

Tommy-James Tremblay 0 Reputation points
2026-10-11T17:38:18.4633333+00:00

Hi, I recently pre-ordered a Surface Spark laptop using my PayPal account. When I was charged, my bank blocked the transaction. After I approved the payment with my bank, Microsoft asked me to update my payment method so the transaction could go through. However, every time I try to change the payment method, I get an error saying the change didn’t work and to try again later. I’ve tried multiple times with no success.

I’m not sure what to do at this point, since everything has been sorted out on my bank’s side, but the system won’t let me update the payment method or retry the charge. Could you please help?Screenshot 2026-10-11 130143

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-11T17:38:32.25+00:00

    For a Microsoft Store pre-order with a failed charge, the supported recovery path is:

    1. Sign in to Order history with the Microsoft account used for the pre-order.
    2. Find the pre-order and select Change how you pay.
    3. Choose a different payment option or add a new one.

    Since the bank block has already been cleared and the site still returns “Something went wrong”, also check these common payment causes:

    • Verify the payment details are correct.
    • Make sure the billing address matches the payment provider’s records.
    • Check that there are sufficient funds or credit.
    • If using PayPal, confirm the PayPal account has a credit card or confirmed bank account as its funding source.
    • If PayPal still fails, use a different payment method.

    If the pre-order cannot be updated successfully, Microsoft will try to charge the current payment option two more times before the pre-order launches. If payment still cannot be collected, the pre-order will be cancelled.

    If the error continues after trying Change how you pay and a different payment method, contact Microsoft Support through Contact Microsoft Support, enter the problem, select Get Help, and then Contact Support.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.